JOB DESCRIPTION: LPN/CMA
This hourly staff position requires an individual who is professional, positive and outgoing. Represents our organization with a smile at every client encounter. Is a team player who works well in a multi-tasking environment. Enjoys working with clients and families through some of the most joyful and vulnerable times of life.
- Performs patient care for patients of all ages and documents patient care as per policy and guidelines.
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Provides education and information to patients and family members.
- Provides minor maintenance and restocking of equipment.
- Maintains professional growth and development within nursing field.
- Participates in quality initiative and process.
- Participates in the departmental orientation of new employees in a positive manner, shares knowledge, experiences, and provides guidance when assigned.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Practice Coordinator and Providers
Duties performed in this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates understanding of customer service.
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner. Establishes eye contact with customer.
- Communicates in professional and friendly manner.
- Acknowledges visitors and accurately responds to routine requests for information.
- Notifies nursing staff of apparent seriously ill patient.
- Maintains work area and lobby in neat and orderly manner.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Adapts to role changes in a positive manner.
- Other duties as assigned specific to department needs.
- Graduate of an approved school of Practical Nursing or Medical Assistant
- Current Ohio License as an LPN M-IV or Certification Medical Assistant
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Responsibilities may require sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies is common.
- Occasional lifting of files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds may be required.
- Work requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone, copier and such other office equipment as necessary.
- It may be necessary to view computer screens for long periods of time.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The position involves frequent contact with patients.
- Interaction with others is constant.
- Frequent interruptions occur.
- Contact may involve dealing with ill people.
- The duties of the job follow established procedures with some variation in judgment required, especially when dealing with patients and in recognizing proper charge relationships.
- The employee must be able to handle patient inquires and questions in a tactful, courteous manner.
- Must be able to speak clearly and concisely.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions. Demonstrates ability to accurately sort and file materials by alphabetic or numeric systems. Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the general public.
Interested candidates may forward CV to Jodi Swihart, MSN,APRN-CNP