Job Type: Full-Time
Qualifications: Office Manager/Practice Manager: 2 years
Full Job Description:
A growing multidiscipline practice with two locations, Massillon/Kidron, is seeking an experienced Office Manager/Practice Manager.
The Office Manager/Practice Manager works closely with the multiple health care providers and staff to ensure the practice delivers excellent patient services by coordinating operations, human resources, and financial management while remaining apprised of the best practices within the field. The Office Manager/Practice Manager will create policies and procedures to encourage and optimize the performance and growth of the practice.
- Direct day to day operations of the two practices including ongoing review and evaluations of work activities, delegation of duties, and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Understand the goals of the practices and work to obtain these goals both independently and with the direction of the health care providers.
- Assists patients, patient’s families, staff, health care providers, and third-party carriers to resolve patient-related issues and/or concerns.
- Maintain and support the practice’s software system, with fluency in electronic medical records management (EMR).
- Financial management to include overall responsibility for bookkeeping, billing, reimbursement, fee schedule management and purchasing.
- Experience in revenue cycle management, oversee and manage the billing and collection process.
- Manage all practice managed care relationships/contracts, including monitoring of related reimbursement, negotiation with third party payers, provider credentialing, and maintenance of contracts.
- Work with staff and providers to identify and resolve insurance, CPT and ICD-10 coding problems.
- Facilitate recruiting, hiring, orientation, and termination/off boarding of employees.
- Maintain employee personnel files, benefits, and employment records, in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Assist in employee training, including office policies and procedures, compliance with government regulations including but not limited to HIPAA and OSHA.
- Work with staff to establish performance standards for work assignments, monitors work status, and progress including goals and objectives.
- Maintain contracts with supply and equipment vendors, supervises ordering of administrative and medical supplies, and maintenance of office equipment.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in physician office/practice management.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply protocols and procedures in a clinical setting including health information, confidentiality, and safety.
- Able to analyze complex data and draw conclusions.
- Utilize a proactive approach to problem solving and ability to confront and implement solutions.
- High level of proficiency with computer software systems, billing software, and insurance websites and portals
- Able to organize and prioritize responsibilities while continuing to be flexible to changing demands.
- React calmly and effectively in high stress situations
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interact with patients, families, staff and others.
- Must have a high level of discretion and judgement.
Interested candidates may forward CV to Jodi Swihart, MSN,APRN-CNP